background

Monday, July 13, 2009

Relay for LIFE

Well this weekend I participated in Relay for LIFE with my WELLING family. We had a BLAST and I didn't sleep a wink. Here are some pictures...
This is the SURVIVOR walk. Aunt Jill was in the front waving! What an amazing woman. She battle cancer and is now in remission! We love you Jill!


This is Grandpa Welling and our adopted aunt Judy :)


Next was the Luminaries....little bags with names of people who have had cancer.....


This last bag was for a close friend. She was my Young Women's Leader when I was in High School. But she was more than that...she was like a mother to me. She had six awesome sons! but she said I was always the daughter she never had. I saw her just days before the cancer took her life and am so glad that she let me be a part of her life. Not a day passes that I don't remember a lesson she taught or the example of her faith in all trials. I made the bag for her so that maybe one other person who knew her could remember this remarkable woman.

And to end the post we have our soooo sleepy kids....

No comments: