background

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm Back Again!

Well here I am again back at the grind stone of college. I'm now on part 2 of my New Testament class so I wil be posting weekly on my assignments...You are either really excited or really not but either way, they are coming!
Here is the 1st! This week is all about Peter. I wasn't too sure about Peter from the Gospels but I have grown to love him and his unflinching testimony.
In just the few chapters I've read this week in Acts I have learned more about the restoration of Israel, The gospel spreading to the whole earth, the powerful testimonies of the Apostles, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost, the Age of restoration that will preceed the 2nd coming, the many testimonies, arrests, imprisonments, and miraculous deliverances of the Apostles and Disciples, and the sad beginning of the martyrdoms of these great men.
Peter grew so much in such a short amount of time, it seems. From Acts 2-12, Peter bore strong testimonies of Christ's resurrection, repentance, Divinity, and His power through the priesthood. Peter baptizes many people in many lands and is commanded to go to all the Gentiles. He and John are imprisoned many times and are able to bear powerful witness of Christ and are later miraculously delivered by angels from the prisons. He continues to perform many miracles using the Priesthood power and rebukes those who offer to buy it from him. Peter becomes such a warrior for Christ and it is inspiring how quickly and completely one can come to know Christ.

No comments: