background

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Canning Machine!

So last weekend my mom and I spent our Saturday...canning! Its about that time of year right? Except we weren't canning the usual fruit, veggies, etc. We canned bread! Yep you can can bread :) We also canned hamburger, taco meat, and stew meat. All ready to go into yummy dishes! And yes we tried them to make sure they were good...and they were awesome! The bread we made was Zuchinni bread--12 batches to be exact. One was chocolate with chips, another with pecans and chips, another was walnuts and raisins, and finally one just plain. I swear we had like 30 bottles of bread! It was an adventure, but they turned out great after the 1st 2 batches. And what is awesome...is bread/cake/brownies all last up to 10 years and are still moist and yummy! I just can't wait to try white and wheat breads :)

1 comment:

Malisa said...

HUMMMM.... SOunds interesting! YOu'll have to let me know how it tastes later on.