background

Monday, September 28, 2009

General Conference


I'm so excited for General Conference this weekend! I love to have two full days to listen to our prophet and other church leaders! It truly is a blessing to live so close to it all. I remember roomies and friends in college who had never even met or seen a general authority in person. I remember thinking just how blessed I was to have grown up where I did, where we were privileged to attend Conference and firsides with our great leaders.

I remember when I was really little, Presideny Monson came to a stake or reginal conference in my home town. As my dad and I were leaving we ran into President Monson. He shook my dad's hand and greeted him, then he patted me on the head and said, "You are the cutest little girl I've ever seen." Now I don't say this to brag, but to share a memory I have personally with our beloved prophet. I can't wait to hear his voice this weekend.

No comments: